Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy 1st Day of School!!

We had a fabulous first day. I hope your children came home feeling as excited as I did! Today we focused on procedures and routines for our classroom. Do you have the type of child who comes home and simply says their day was "fine?" Are you always wanting more details? Here are some words that we talked about in class that might be good conversation starters at home:

SLANT
tracking the speaker
O.W.L. language (silent seat signals)
two claps/three claps
hug or handshake
wise owls vs. sloppy pigs
clock appointment buddies
pencils for rent

Hopefully, the kids will be able to tell you what these things have to do with our first day! I could tell that my 23 scholars were ready to learn today! My favorite question of the whole day was, "Mrs. Terry, why do you have brown hair this year?" New year, new hair, I guess! ;)

I have one correction for my Meet the Teacher Night presentation and parent packet. Our lunch this year is from 11:45-12:15 this year....NOT noon, like I originally stated. (Thank you to the kind mom who pointed that out to me!)

I came home today with VERY sore feet, but a VERY happy heart! I told the kids that I could tell that I was surrounded by greatness today.

Please continue sending in those signed forms and school supplies, if you haven't already. Stay tuned for more news about our classroom!

Peace, Love, and Owls,
Mrs. T